Abundant Life Services
Part 1 – Community Support
What are Community Support Services?
- The community support service program provides ongoing training, supervision, and support to members on a set schedule.
- Our goal is to help members achieve greater independence through learning new skills or by providing the assistance they require to live on their own.
- Unlike respite care, community supports will be provided on a regular basis.
- Perhaps you know someone who lives alone but could use help once a week with shopping, banking, or doing other chores.
- Perhaps you know someone who lives at home but is trying to learn a new skill or trying to become more independent.
- Angels’ Place Community Support training could help him or her to achieve their goals through regular assistance.
Part 2 – Respite Care
What is Respite Care?
- The Abundant Life Services program will offer respite care in your own home for your loved one with a developmental disability.
- Our goal is to provide you with the opportunity to replenish your care giving energies and give you the time to take care of your personal needs.
- You can request either several days to allow yourself to take some time out of town or you can request a few hours to give you a chance to go out or take care of personal business.
How far in advance do I have to request care?
Please make all requests for respite care at least one month prior to the respite care date.
Part 3 – Outings and Activities
Types of Outings and Activities offered:
- We go places like the zoo, dining out, the theater, plays, concerts, excursions, etc.
- We come together as a group at our Angels’ Place Center for dances, movie nights, game nights, crafts, etc.
- We come together as a community and have holiday parties, events and times of worship and praise.
Who Can Participate?
Community Support Services will be offered to Abundant Life Services members age 18 and over who live in Wayne, Oakland, or Macomb counties.
All three parts require you to be a part of our program by joining our Abundant Life Service group and paying the membership fee.
First consideration will be given to those on the Angels’ Place waiting list.
Requirements to Become a Member
- You must be a member to participate in respite care options or join one of the outings.
- To become a member fill out the form and pay your membership fee.
- Membership fees are $25.00 per year.
- If you are all ready a member you can fill out the form to renew your membership as well.
- Some outings have additional costs to participate.
Have a Question?
If interested in Community Support Services please contact Sr. Joann Ciampa, Director of
Abundant Life Services and Admissions.
Sr. Joann Ciampa
248.350.5989 ext. 160